Sunday, April 22, 2007

Use Protection- Freewrite


So many young teenagers are dating in our society today. I remember when I was in elementary school, kids were getting together and dumping each other like it was nothing. The drama in elementary school carried on to middle school. Then stronger feelings were developed in high school. These feelings could have been known as love or even lust.
An influence that the media has had on teenagers today is sex. Sex is everywhere and things related to it, are exposed in so many ways. There are inside jokes in cartoons that children might not have any clue about; it’s hidden. Advertisement seen on television always uses sex to sell their product. I see a lot of stuff shown on the media that have girls and guys getting pretty close or they are wearing all these provocative clothing. In result, it makes young teens want to imitate what they see because they think that’s what the cool thing to do is.
Lately I see and hear about so many girls getting pregnant. The last thing that I want to do is get pregnant. I don’t even have enough money to support myself. Sometimes I hear young mothers wonder about what their life would be like if they didn’t have a child, but they don’t regret it.
I think about all these things when I see young pregnant girls. I think about what would become of them. I wonder how they are going to be able to support the lives that they are about of bring into the world. I guess its their problem, not mine. So my lessons learned, use protection.

No comments: