Sunday, February 25, 2007

Image Online That's Interesting

Walking up to this piece of art is really confusing. What looks like a guy about to jump of a diving board into a waterfall is actually unreal. It is just an illusion. The artist who created this masterpiece tricks people with his 3-D art. If I walked up to this and came down the stairs I would take a step and jump back because I would be so scared to fall into this waterfall. I guess more fear would be because I don’t know how to swim. I would also be confused because I would have thought to myself I was just walking on a cemented side walk and the next thing I know is that I’m coming up to a waterfall.

In this piece of art the man jumping of the diving board looks so real. He wears stripped swimming trunks with a watch on his wrist. His facial expression and posture looks like he is really about to take the plunge. The waterfall coming off the stairs also creates water ripples on the flat land. The shading and coloring of the artwork is what creates the 3-D effect. From the side of the wall there are pillars drawn to make the building next to the artwork seem like it is being held up above the water. On the pillars there is a green color which portrays the age of the building and the artwork. It looks like the artist used chalk or pastels to create the artwork. I find this image so interesting; I wish I could see this image for myself in real life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this picture in an email along with other crazy pictures. I was shocked! I couldn't believe how real they looked. My favorite is the one where the group of people are standing around what looks like a rectangular hole with a drawing in the middle. If you look real close you can see the cracks from the bricks in the side walk. Also, the water in the picture where the guy is holding the hose looks so real!