Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sick of Snow


It took me a while to figure out what to write about. I love doing free writes because there is so much that you can write about and express, but sometimes having a prompt or topic makes it easier to figure out what it is you’re talking about. So after a long time of deriving and contemplating, I found something passionate and hopefully not too controversial.
Snow, don’t get me wrong, but I love snow. It’s pretty to see once you haven’t seen it in a long time, but as some of you might agree, enough is enough! I can name many reasons why I’m so against the snow, but I’ll start with what I like. The first snow storm was wonderful. I didn’t have to work for a whole week and got my hopes up thinking that I was going able to relax. I was wrong. I had to shovel what seemed like every minute because the snow kept on falling, by the end of the week, groceries needed to be bought and the only thing to eat was: canned soup, crackers, and cereal without milk.
Finally, when the snow started melting another snow storm came. This continued for about seven weeks. When there was not enough snow to keep me from going to work, I had to endure the ride to work. The roads were horrible. My car slid on black ice countless times. I ran into plenty of pot holes and had to be washed many of times to clean off all the chemicals CDOT pours down on the roads to melt the ice. I was on my way to school once and there are roads that go downhill. All of the sudden the bus in front of two other cars stopped. For the record there wasn’t a bus stop in sight. I guess something was wrong with the bus. The car in back of the bus stopped, but the car in front of me couldn’t. I think he slid into the sidewalk or the car into the in front of him. I was sliding and couldn’t stop in back of them so I switched lanes really quick. I barely avoided a multiple car wreck. I was really fortunate!
So I’m glad to hear that this upcoming week is supposed to be nice and warm. I’m looking forward to the heat and better driving conditions. It’ll make it a lot easier to walk around campus. I can’t wait for the summer to come, hopefully it doesn’t snow anymore. Spring break is in about a week, and then before we know it, it’ll be summer!

2 comments:

Fu said...

I AM SO AGREEING with your blog. I like a bit of snow like the ones that are less than an inch and don't stick to the ground. Past couple of months been crazy. Many, too many of my plans got cancel because of these continous weekend snow storms. AHHHHH I have to shovel the snow by myself which sucked big time. I also worked in the weekends at night so yeah... I agree with you on your topic and also freewrite is awesome there is so many topics to write about and you picked the one that we all had a share of experience on. Great job on this post.

tsava said...

I love the snow..many reasons: school closures, staying home doing nothing but staying warm and snowboarding, if can't make it to the mountain then I'd go to the nearest park by my house and go sliding off the slope..Might sound weird but as much as u hate shoveling i love to shovel. I even went over to my friend's house to shovel their drive through..It gives me a great feeling inside to be doing things that deals with snow (cold weather). I Love the cold weather environment especially when im walking by the sidewalk, holding a coffee in my thick overcoat. YEY!